Category: Community

Mousie News

By Charlotte Hicks Caudill Knott Countian members of the Radiology staff: From the first moment I met Tommy Cornett, I felt a kinship. When I talked with him I discovered that we have several commonalities. We are the youngest children…

Mousie News

By Charlotte Hicks Caudill Shirley Watley posted the photo taken in Hawaii in the 2012 Morehead State University Alumni Directory (1224 pages). The Directory is divided into three sections that list graduates by 1) Year of graduation, 2) Current residence…

Caney News

By Martha Baldridge It is Saturday afternoon, and Lawrence and I are in Brandon, Mississippi, just a few miles from Jackson. We drove all the way down on Thursday, just ahead of the snow which fell that night. It was…

Bearville Notes

By Sherri Hicks I hope the new year is being good to everyone. We are on our third week into it, and the weather is finally cooperating and turning into winter. We want it to be winter because each season…

Carrie Community News

By Sylvia Combs Hello, readers! We sure hope that you’re having a great week, and the news for the week will brighten your day in some little way. The basketball tournament was a huge success. I watched it on TV;…

Knott Health & Rehabilitation Center News

Hello, from the staff and residents here at Knott County Health and Rehabilitation Center. We would like to congratu- late the Knott County Central Patriots for their exciting championship of the 25th Annual WYMT Mountain Classic Basketball Tournament held…

Knott Co. Senior Citizens Center

A wonderful place for seniors to socialize and enjoy a hot meal. Any person age 60 or older or the spouse of that person regardless of age qualifies for a congregate meal. The Center offers many activities including pool, bingo,…